The Women of NMC have a unique opportunity to help create a more dignified, free, and educated world for women through access to lasting feminine hygiene solutions. By partnering with Days for Girls, an organization that is passionate about bringing dignity to the development of young women, NMC Women can help provide girls and women in Africa with feasible access to quality sustainable hygiene and menstruation health education. NMC Women will help accomplish this mission by providing a Days for Girls (DfG) kit for young women and girls in Kenya and Uganda this spring. All DfG kits contain washable menstrual pads and holders, panties, a washcloth, a bar of soap, and instructions for use.
Monday, April 23 « 9:00am-7:00pm
NMC Women will host a workshop to make and assemble supplies for these kits. If you have a heart for serving women, please consider joining us as we gather to provide materials that will change the lives of the women we hope to serve.
Items to Donate:
- Cotton panties Girls sizes 8-14, small women dark-colored (no white)
- Dark colored patterned flannel
Other Items to Donate:
- Ziploc Gallon Freezer bags (Ziploc brand only)
- Small bar of soap (hotel size)
- Lightweight, dark-colored washcloths (no white)
- Grosgrain ribbon, 1/2″ wide, dark colored
- Dark colorful cotton fabric for drawstring bags and shields
- Money to buy supplies
Ways to Help at the Workshop:
- Applying Snaps
- Assembling Kits
- Donating Snacks
- Bringing Lunch Items to Share
NMC Women will send these with Melinda Dykstra of Lydia Circle Ministries. Lydia Circle equips pastors’ wives to teach other women how to encourage and support their husbands and their work in the church and community.
To donate supplies visit the church office Monday-Thursday between 8:00am-5:00pm.